Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Promised Map



Here it is in all it's glory and majesty! Behold the wonder of Google Maps! Here's the key of what is what:

A) Bangkok.
Massive (really... it's huge) city where we shared at Immanuel Baptist Church.




B)Dan Khun Tot.
Home of Jerry and Duang Frary. Cool smaller town.




C) Chiangrai.
Where the long bus ride ended and where the Epic of the Kankles really began in earnest.



D) Chiang Khong.
Dwelling place of Susan Staples. A really cool little town right on the Laos border (hint: don't pronounce the "s"). They would love a mission team to come and share there... (hint, hint!)



E) Chaing Mai.
Cool (well... not literally... but cooler than Bangkok.) city where we visited Jim Arnold and his family. It has a moat. Need I say more?



F) Pala U.
Next stop. We will visit the Bible School we visited on our first two trips and meet up with some old friends.




After Pala U it's back to Bangkok for a day and then on to Japan! I'll post some more about our experiences in Chiang Khong and Chiang Mai (hopefully) soon!

Keep prayin and be blessed! Oh... and tell a friend about the blog here. Hopefully it's pretty fun reading. And it will make me feel like I have tormented poor Chris with having to sit and wait while I use the internet for some good reason. (Not that I really need a reason to torment Chris... I owe him more "affectionate affliction" then I could ever repay!)

Anyway... hope you all are blessed! I sure am! I can't wait to get home and show you all more pictures and tell you more about all that we've done and seen!

Later,
Brian

3 comments:

  1. Sorry all... I can't for the life of me get that space out of there right now. There's nothing there. It shouldn't do that! I'll try to fix it later!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...what's UP with that space? It's killin' me smalls! But anyway, you really have traveled FAR! I was looking around the map and remembered that on Amazing Race, they were in Thailand for a bit...it was interesting.

    We ARE indeed praying and look forward to more updates but seriously, without gaping spaces....please! For the love of humanity!!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brian,

    I thought something was wrong with my computer. I
    was wondering if it was my filter or what was the deal with the blank spot. Oh well. Hey glad your feet are doing better. My feet did the same thing
    when we were at Waymali I know I messed up on the spelling.

    Anyway, so glad your doing better. Praise the Lord you are o.k. Oh by the way, you can torment
    Chris. His little sister says its o.k.

    ReplyDelete